Game Update May 6, 2018

I have managed to get a start to my game’s UI off the ground and integrated with wfBase to persist the changes. Here is a quick video of what that looks like:


I spent the last several weeks updating my UI code that I already had spent untold amounts of time creating in the first place. I basically created a set of classes to wrap Unity UI system to allow for creating UI using code. Time will only tell if this was a wise use of time. Regardless, I am very happy that I am finally to the point that I can start concentrating on adding content to the game itself.

I have given a lot of thought on what to work on first. Recently I sent an email to Philharmonia Orchestra to inquire about using their sound samples in my game. I was not sure if my intended uses conflicted with their license, but they graciously responded to my email and let me know that it would be ok to use their sound files. I have some ideas about adding dynamic/interactable instruments to my game. I am looking forward to seeing if I can create what I have imagined in my mind.